by David Bergman
Now this is truly wonderful!
25 out of the 29* full ministers in the cabinet became members of parliament inuncontested ‘elections’. That is to say there was no person to stand against them and there was no election in their constituency.
– Mustafizur Rahman Fizar – elected with what EC said was 27% of turnout in Dinajpur 5
(Primary and mass education)
– Emajuddin Pramanik – elected with what EC said was 27 % of turnout in Naogaon 4
(Textile and Jute)
– Sayedul Haque – elected with what EC said was 41% of turnout in Brahmanbaria 1
– Matiya Chowdhury – elected with what EC said was 56% of turnout
If you look at the whole cabinet, including state ministers – 31 out of 49 ministers became MPs through uncontested elections.
I am feeling a little breathless!
* Correction: This has been corrected to 25 out of 29